Sunday, April 13, 2014

Pen FT Half Frame

What a great little camera! The lenses are solid and metal and focus super smoothly. It is a TTL viewfinder with a great focusing screen that makes getting sharp focus a snap. The metering is different from anything I have used before. I set the ISO to match the film and then choose a shutter speed. The meter then points to a number from 0-7 that corresponds to a number on the lens aperture ring. The lenses have the apertures on the top and the matching numbers on the bottom. I read that the aperture rings can be reversed so the numbers are on the top. I might just do that.

I found three rolls of Black and White film at the Lomography shop called "Lady Grey". I think it is just re-branded TMax 400. I shot a roll of 72 exposures in a few hours. I was pretty fast and loose with my exposures, but was surprised to see they were pretty good.












No comments:

Post a Comment