Thursday, April 17, 2014

In Camera Lumen attempt

I think these will disappear in the fixer. But here they are as they came out of the camera. I think they'll need much longer exposures. These were exposed for 1 hour at f5.6.





















As I expected, the fixer all but erased the images. I fixed one and tried blue toning the other before fixing. The blue toner just about erased the image, and what was left, disappeared in the fixer.

Here is the one that went straight to the fixer.




















ATTEMPT 2

Inspired by Chris McCaw's "Sunburn", I woke up at 5:30am and pointed my homemade 4x5 with Schneider 47mm XL at the sunrise. I was kind of hoping to get a burn through and made a black matte and foam core back for the camera. I'll try sheet film tomorrow.

I'd love to know what that leaf shape next to the path of the sun is. The reason the sun is dotted is from intermittent cloud cover.

Before fixing

After fixing







































































SECOND ATTEMPT: This time I used the Speed Graphic with Graflix Optar135mm wide open at f4.7.







No comments:

Post a Comment