Sunday, April 13, 2014

8x10 Sinar Norma View Camera

I have an 8x10 Sinar Norma that I was lucky enough to get in an auction along with a 4x5 and 5x7. It was owned by the late, great blues photographer Stanley Livingston. A book of his work is here.

I hauled (truck, to train, to taxi, to foot) it down to the river to capture some images. Now I know why it is considered a studio camera. It is a tank with a thin piece of exposed glass on the back!

It was the middle of the day, so not great light, but I made a photo anyway.

Here is the scan of the 8x10 negative:

Wat Arun across the Chaophraya river. Shot on 8x10 Ilford Delta 100 Professional. Developed in ID-11 1+1.
The resolution is astounding. Their are tourists climbing the Wat in clearly visible poses. Products can be seen in the shop in the lower left hand corner of the image.

No comments:

Post a Comment