Tuesday, April 15, 2014

Selenium Toned Lumen Prints

I took some old Kodak paper home yesterday and made three Lumen prints. They were short exposures, but the paper reacted very quickly.

The hand print is of my niece. It was only a two minute exposure.
























The other two were flowers, but not pressed with glass so as to have some softness in areas not in contact with the paper. The were exposed in full midday sun.

The second two were toned in a selenium toner mixed 1+5. The toner quickly removed the purple color and became very monochromatic.

I toned the thin flowers first and then put it in fixer.
























I fixed the bigger flowers second and then put it in the selenium toner.




















I don't see that the order made much difference.

No comments:

Post a Comment